Thursday 17 January 2013

Little Boys Chevron Quilt.



I'm loving the time being in my shop is giving me to make quilts! Especially now that the Christmas rush has died down. Here's one I actually finished a while ago, but today all the planets have aligned and I had the right computer cords and gadgets to connect to the internet and blog while in here!


I made this quilt from a mix of greys, yellow, oranges and greens. I used a mix of novelty prints, all subtle and sweet. I sewed strips together in groups of four, then cut these shapes using the 60 deg line on my ruler. (Cutting the opposite direction for half of them!)


Then I sewed them together, one above the other into long, parallel lines, and sewed these ones together.


The result, I think, is a subtle, yet warm and fun baby quilt.


I backed it with these beautiful prints from Saffron Craig and Aneela Hooey and hand quilted every other row of zigzag. Come visit me in Hunter St to wrap it around you, or it's also available here.
Hope you're well! xx

P.S. What do you think of my new blog look? 


6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, love the new blog look! I'm so so glad that having the shop is going so well for you and giving you more time for your beautiful creativity. Well done to both you Tim for making it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love the pattern and the fabrics you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt, agree that Thunder and the timber floors in the shop are the perfect photography accessory, love the new Blog feel. So excited to see what you do next with your scrap stash. Are we taking bets on how many months the stash will last into the new year? I think if you keep being this productive it won't last past June or July : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Jodi that is such an adorable quilt! Very clever piecing too.
    The blog looks great and the reminder of taming the monster stash makes me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute quilt! Love the colors.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blog header and the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments! I read all of them and reply when I can. If you don't hear back, I'm lost under a mound of scraps or outside jumping on the trampoline with the kids. Jodi. xx