Thursday 21 July 2011

Quilt finished!

Well, I've come to terms with the fact that maybe 2 finished quilts and a cute jacket was probably stretching it a bit this week but I can show you this one. This is Genevieve's Quilted Rainbow, a lap quilt to keep her all snug in the evenings in front of the tele because she has just moved from Brisbane to Canberra. Brrrrr!

 Isn't it fun? I hand quilted along the lines, sometimes on either side of the line, but soon decided that if I kept that up, I wasn't going to finish it till next century. Then I stitched around the border 3 times. For the binding, I used different fabrics from the quilt to keep it colourful.

 And here's the back! I just love that red!
I find it so hard to finish a quilt because sewing always gives me a million ideas of what else I can make. But here it is, from cold, windy Newcastle! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love your comments! I read all of them and reply when I can. If you don't hear back, I'm lost under a mound of scraps or outside jumping on the trampoline with the kids. Jodi. xx