Saturday 26 May 2012

A Winner, a Sale and a Weekend Survival Kit!

 

It's a cold, windy Saturday morning here in Newcastle. Tim's away for the weekend and Saturday cartoons aren't quite doing their job; Evie is trying very hard to wedge herself between me and the laptop! So I'll write quickly and then get back to our tea party.

I've been thinking a bit this week about surviving the weekend without Tim or the car, especially with rain forecast for tomorrow. Tully and I sat down yesterday and wrote a list of things we'd like to do. Here's what we decided:

- do puzzles
- make a racetrack town out of playdough
- write to Pop with postcards we picked up and decorated, from our local art gallery
- play memory and bingo with these tiles from MollydagMade
- sleep so mummy can get some quilts finished and photographed.  (Ok, maybe that was just mine.)
 

Then, as we were getting dressed this morning, the electricity man came and turned off the power and replaced the lines. Yay for free Saturday morning entertainment!


I left Tully by the window while I dressed Eve, and came back to find him abseiling his toys down the front of our house using the curtain cords! Little boys will always find something to do beyond the set 'task'! At least he wasn't abseiling himself!

Alrighty! A winner!
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who joined in! Over 600 entries! Well, I'm flabergasted!
Random.org chose:
 Congratulations Tanya! I'll email you now!
Tania said...
I am really loving the Summersville print right now.

To celebrate the wonderful response to my pattern, I'm offering it for only $5 in my Etsy Shop THIS WEEKEND ONLY! (Ok, maybe also because I want to buy some fabric in the sales! ;)) You can buy it here!

What are you up to this weekend? Hope it's a lovely one. I need to go rescue a Mrs Potato Head!

Jodi. xx

3 comments:

  1. So excited that I won your giveaway. Just responded to your email. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winner!

    Those poor toys! I hope they were rescued before they fell off the cord....=D


    I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I hope everyone is on the mend :-)

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments! I read all of them and reply when I can. If you don't hear back, I'm lost under a mound of scraps or outside jumping on the trampoline with the kids. Jodi. xx